The key to effective student behaviour education is high quality positive relationships between teachers, students and parents, characterised by trust, mutual respect and tolerance. Behaviour education involves detailed and effective planning to prevent, reinforce and encourage acceptable, appropriate behaviour. Teaching students to take responsibility for their own behaviour and having respect for the rights of others are the ultimate aims of the school’s behaviour education program.
We believe that every child has the right to feel safe at school and every child has the right to learn. We positively reinforce desired behaviours and value the partnership with parents and will communicate consequences for behaviours that are disruptive or harmful to others. As we implement the Positive Behaviour Support approach, a clear behaviour matrix will be developed reflecting our key values.
- We must have a consistent approach across the school. Part of this includes implementation of the Friendly Schools Plus program.
- The teaching of values underpins this whole school approach.
- Bullying is a totally unacceptable behaviour in any form.
- Students will learn to accept responsibility for their actions.
- Rewards and consequences reflect actions.
- The management of student behaviour is a shared responsibility involving staff, parents and the student.
- We recognise the worth and dignity of all people.
- Conflicts must be resolved in a positive manner aligned to PBS.
At Beenyup Primary we believe that:
- ALL students have the right to feel safe and secure in the school environment.
- ALL students have the right to learn without being disturbed by others.
- NO student has the right to disrupt the learning of other students.
- NO student has the right to hurt or upset others - either physically or emotionally.
- Teachers have the right to teach.
Brilliant Kids Morning Tea
Each term two students from each class are nominated by their classroom teachers to be invited to our Brilliant Kids Morning Tea for consistently demonstrating our school values, following our behaviour expectations and always trying their best. Whilst the students are enjoying a delicious morning tea, the students have the opportunity to share with the Principal / Deputy what they really like about our school and how we can work together to make it even better.
Central to everything we do is the safety and wellbeing of all students academically, socially and emotionally. We aim to develop and implement processes that enable us to identify and cater for the individual needs of all students. As part of this we will be implementing the “Friendly Schools Plus” program which is a whole school approach for social and emotional wellbeing. The overarching goal of this initiative is to bring the entire school community together to create and maintain a friendly and safe school culture.