Our beliefs about Teaching and Learning
· Every child is everyone’s responsibility.
· Every moment counts.
· Every child is entitled to receive a quality education in a nurturing environment.
· Explicit teaching practices and whole school evidence-based approaches contribute to quality teaching and learning.
· Literacy and Numeracy are our core business as they form the foundation of all learning
· Digital Technologies and ICT will be embedded into teaching and learning to enhance learning and support student success skills.
· AVID is a whole school philosophy that underpins everything that we do at Beenyup PS to support the development of successful students who can and will make positive contributions to our world.
· The school works in partnership with parents and guardians to maximise learning and social outcomes.
· There is a strong link between the outdoor and indoor learning environments at Beenyup Primary. We view our outdoor spaces as equal to indoor space and vitally important for our children’s learning. Outdoor learning provides the opportunity for sensory experiences and promotes creativity.
· We have high expectations of ourselves, our students and community in order to build brighter futures together for our children.